Chaya or tree spinach is a large, fast-growing leafy perennial shrub that is believed to have originated in the Yucatán Peninsula of Mexico.
You probably haven’t heard about this amazing plant, but many people just love it for its incredible health benefits.
HERE ARE THE TOP HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHAYA:
- Treats and prevents anemia;
- Cures asthma;
- Improves eyesight and brain function;
- Improves the calcium levels in the body;
- Is very helpful in cases of osteoporosis;
- Can regulate the blood sugar levels and treat diabetes;
- Treats sore throat and throat infections;
- Prevents headaches;
- Regulates your cholesterol levels and reduces the levels of uric acid in the blood;
- Balances the metabolic system;
- Prevents varicose veins;
- Prevents hemorrhoids;
- Detoxifies the liver;
- Helps children grow.
Above is a list of only some health benefits of Chaya. There are many more benefits of this magnificent plant. You can add the plant to soups and salads or use it as a tea, just make jure to never use it raw.
Here’s how to prepare a healthy cup of Chaya tea:
- -6 Chaya leaves
- -2 cups of water
Add the water to a boil, then add the leaves and let the tea simmer for 10 minutes. You should consume the tea 3 times a day and the best timing is before meals. The leaves also can be added in soups, salads and creams.